Family Engagement Policy
MISSION STATEMENT: The Everett Public Schools is dedicated to providing every child with high quality education. We foster respect for cultural and human differences within our school community. The Title I Program encourages parents and guardians to become involved in their children's education. We are committed to developing a partnership between home and school so that our goal to ensure that all children become successful lifelong learner s can be achieved.
Family involvement is an essential component, for improved and sustainable academic achievement. The Everett Public Schools encourages all families to:
- Become aware of what your child is learning
- Ask questions about your child's progress and performance
- Support your child in his/ her education
The Sumner G. Whittier School offers various ways in which families can become involved in their children's school experiences:
- Coffee With The Principal 9/13/19, 8:00 m., 10/18/19, 8:00 a.m., 11/22/19, 8:00 a.m., 12/13/19, 8:00 a.m., 1/24/20, 8:00 a.m., 2/28/20, 8:00 a.m., 3/27/20, 8:00 a.m., 4/24/20,8:00 a.m., 5/22/20, 8:00 a.m., 6/12/20, 8:00 a.m.
- The Walking School Bus, Fall and Spring dates TBA
- Texas Roadhouse Fundraising Night, TBA
- Follett Book Fair, Monday, 10/21/19 to Friday, 10/25/19
- Holiday Concert, Tuesday 12/20/19, 9:00 m.
- Memorial Day Program, TBA
Parent Teacher Conferences
- First Quarter Conferences, Thursday, 10/17/19, 5:00m. to 7 p.m.
- Second Quarter Conferences, Thursday 1/9/20, 5:00 m. to 7 p.m.
- Third Quarter Conferences, Thursday 3/26/20, 5:00 m. to 7 p.m.
- Wednesday 9/11/19, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 10/9/19, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 11/13/19, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 12/11/19, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 1/15/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 2/12/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 3/11/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 4/8/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 5/13/20, 7 a.m.
- Wednesday 6/10/20, 7 a.m.
- Fall Festival Thursday, 10/10/19,3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Family Literacy and Math Night, Tuesday 3/19/20, 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 m.